File of Life
Pennfield Township Fire Department introduces “File of Life” program:
More than 90% of medical emergency calls are treated without knowledge of the patient’s medical history. The File of Life card enables emergency personnel to obtain a quick and accurate medical history when a patient is unable to offer one. The card also eliminates the risk of a patient forgetting to mention something important.
The card, which is kept in a red plastic pocket labeled FILE OF LIFE, lists the patient name, emergency medial contact, insurance policy, social security number, health problems, medications, dosages, allergies, recent surgery, religion, and a health care proxy. The entire pocket is held with a magnet to the outside of the refrigerator. an additional smaller card can be filled out and carried in a purse or wallet.
If you have a medical condition, you are encouraged to complete a FILE OF LIFE card from the PTFD. Contact the department for more information.
Benefits to emergency personnel:
- Faster help for citizens in emergencies.
- Instantly know medical history of patient.
- Corrective treatment can begin at once.
Benefits to hospital emergency staff:
- on arrival, data is immediately available to medical staff.
- no wasted time getting information from a confused patient.
Benefits to each individual:
- Peace of mind knowing they will have prompt and quality care.
- Assurance that proper person will be notified quickly.
Mon-Thu: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday - Sunday: Closed
Phone: ( 269) 968-8549
Fax: (269) 968-2021